As part of this special fundraising project we also wanted to share some fun sustainable making projects for everyone to enjoy. Where we hope over the coming months you share with us and the National Trust for Scotland what you have created as part of the #HeritageInYourHands.
For just now we have listed 6 product suggestions and noting the required material to make these. This will be followed up with lots of images and even a small film or two of us making these with the new bespoke tartans.... and we could even have some special guests!
So to get you thinking and help with deciding on how much fabric you would like, here we have;
1. Envelope Cushion - 40cm square would make two cushions from 1 metre of fabric
2. Tote Bag - with 1 metre of fabric you would be able to use the fabric for two bags as an outer fabric or make one with the tartan used inside also.
3. Apron - you only require a 1.2m-1.5cm square of fabric to make this zero waste special, depending on what size you would prefer.
4. Lunch Bag - to make one lunch bag you only require 80cm x 30cm, therefore 1 metre of fabric could make you at least 4 lunch bags, so some to share!
5. Colouring Pens/Cutlery/Make-Up Roll - little fabric roll for which the uses are endless, and all you will need to make it is 60cm x 55cm of fabric.
6. The Great Kilt - 8 metres would make two kilts with no seams, or 4 metres with a hidden seam would make one gents kilt.
If you wish to receive more information on the makers cards, please add this product to your basket when ordering your fabric and we will email you a link or you can access here.
To discover more about the National Trust for Scotland and be the first to hear their news, sign up to their e-newsletter at https://www.nts.org.uk/love-to-stay-in-touch
I was fortunate to be introduced to REBEL TARTAN via a TV doc with Alan Cummings. I immediately went on-line and the rest as they say is history. I ordered a Limited NTS scarf & it is just wonderful, beautiful quality made with love without doubt. It doesn’t stop there - the packaging did not disappoint and can ONLY come from a brand that truly understands the passion that is created between a special garment and it’s awaiting new custodian! Love the message from the team (hand written) and the kilt pin... AND lovely tote bag. I have just ordered a “wee scarf” for my 8 year old Amelie who loves it too - can’t wait for her to open on Christmas morning, just right for the Boxing Day walk!! THANK YOU (Pop scarf next)