The Sustainable Creative Charter was co-created by 150+ creatives from all over the world at Goodfest '21. We have pledged to this charter, maybe you will join us and pass it on....
Below you will find the full Charter. Throughout 2022 we will update these with our pledges of evidence and action, because all bad-ass womxn are about action!
01 Create Clean
- Define what value means for your work, find or create a relevant framework and support network, along with some quizzical friends
- Be Conscious of who you work with - interrogate and educate your supply chain, clients and partners
- Focus on fit for purpose design, keep it simple, buy only what you need and think circular
- Reduce energy consumption and switch to green energy/hosting
- Put your money where it doesn't do bad - banks, pensions etc
02 Declare & Share
- Publicise your short term and longer-term sustainability goals, reflect them in every meeting and project
- Be transparent about your progress and the process with your sector, your community and beyond
- Use your creativity to engage people emotionally with your narrative as it develops
- Track deeds, not words, celebrate improvements rather than perfection!
03 Lead By Example
- Challenge the brief, encourage action and call out greenwashing or misinformation
- Collaborate inclusively, take one step beyond your current echo chamber
- Creating change will no doubt be uncomfortable at times, what are you willing to give up?
04 Be Human
- Be open, honest and truthful to your values, make time for others’ perspectives
- Take time to look outward beyond your day to day life and build in periods of reflection
05 Start Now & Be Bold!
- Action, action, action
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now. This applies to creativity, there is no time like now