Slit Dress X Limited Edition X Summer Water
This is our first ever side slit dress design, launched new for 2023. Incorporating a distinct summer vibe, the dress features our trim style neck and arms. As no dress should ever be made without pockets, we have two side seam beauties to ensure you have the full rebel swag as you walk. Unique to our zero waste design techniques you can wear this dress either way - yip there is no front or back..... so you can decide if you would prefer the side slit on the left or the right. We just love flexibility! Also don't forget you can pair this with our "one" belt listed in our accessories section.
Available in 3 sizes, this is a limited batch of our Summer Water version of the the Water Elements tartan. The side slit is 14" up from the hemline.
The fabric has been woven by us at our mill using merino yarns and finished in our little sewing suite, at the hands of amazing tartan rebels!
All dresses are 51" long, with seam to seam sizes as follows;
- Small - 20" ((fitting hips or bust up to 38")
- Medium - 24" (fitting hips or bust up to 46")
- Large - 28" (fitting hips or bust up to 54")
What It's Made Of
- Made with 100% finest natural merino wool
- Spun and dyed in Scotland
- Woven into tartan fabrics by us at our Highland mill
- All labels made from hand cut and laser etched Scottish leather
Who It's Made By
- Made by bad-ass womxn and men of the Scottish Highlands
- Proudly preserving century old textile skills and machinery
- Also proudly disrupting the world of future clothing, we have seen the past and it works!
• Size – Small - shoulder to calf hem length 51", seam to seam width 20", arm circumference 18"
• Size – Medium - shoulder to calf hem length 51", seam to seam width 24", arm circumference 18.5"
• Size – Large - shoulder to calf hem length 51", seam to seam width 28", arm circumference 19"
• Neck Opening – a maximum of 24” head circumference
• Sleeve Sizes & Length – this is a loose fitting sleeve by design with a distinct trim finish of 1" in depth
• Item Finishing – Hemmed sleeves and dress bottom, with branded real leather label specifying the makers batch.
• Fabric Design - Limited quantity of Summer Water
• Weave Design - repeated throughout the fabric is the symbol of the alchemy elements, these are visible on the inside layer. The outer takes on an unusual flame like movement.
• Fabric Repeat – all fabric has been cut by hand from the cloth roll woven at our mill, therefore aspects of the repeat will be unique to each item, which is pretty cool as it makes them all unique!
• Colour Options - only in warm blue tones
• Fabric Weight Options - Medium (compact and cosy)
See Clare, the founder of Prickly Thistle, share more about the collections, how you can build your very own garment, what the design features are and why making clothing on a made to measure basis is making a better future for us all (and looking very rebel bad-ass!)
Check out some rebel one off looks with the team at Prickly Thistle.
Real womxn wearing real clothes in a real fun way!
- 1st & ONLY B Corp Mill in Scotland
- Planet Loving Natural Fibres
- Zero Waste For Life Design
- Worldwide Shipping