This blanket measures 1.8m in length and is 1.4m wide. It charts 173 years of global temperature data in each repeat, which goes across the throw and up and down the throw on a asymmetrical basis. Indeed it has been designed to last at least 173 years....
In 173 years we hope they will say that this blanket was made and helped make the change happen. If this comes to pass then we are sure they will say they are so grateful for those who were brave enough, willing to speak up and supported to make it happen!
More info on the mission can be found here on our Climate Stripes Collection page.
The fabric has been made with wool that is homegrown on the Shetland Isles, spun and dyed by Jamiesons of Shetland on the island, woven by us on our ancient looms on the mainland Highlands and then the fabric is stabilised and washed by Schofields Dyers & Finishers in the Scottish Borders.
When the fabric is returned to us, we make these history making and future saving Collection items for you to be proud custodians of!
What It's Made Of
- Made with 100% finest Shetland wool
- Spun and dyed in Scotland
- Woven into tartan fabrics by us at our Highland mill
- All labels made from hand cut and laser etched Scottish leather
Who It's Made By
- Made by bad-ass womxn and men of the Scottish Highlands
- Proudly preserving century old textile skills and machinery
- Also proudly disrupting the world of future clothing, we have seen the past and it works!