Coat X Limited Edition X Earth Day 2020
We only ever made 4 of these stunning limited edition Earth Day 2020 tartan coats. Each one has a signature earth brown edge on one side of the coat, where we experimented with the fabric in our century old looms to create something truly rare.
These coats come with standard collars and the full sizing details can be found in the dimensions and details tab below.
What It's Made Of
- Made with 100% finest natural merino wool
- Spun and dyed in Scotland
- Woven into tartan fabrics by us at our Highland mill
- All labels made from hand cut and laser etched Scottish leather
Who It's Made By
- Made by bad-ass womxn and men of the Scottish Highlands
- Proudly preserving century old textile skills and machinery
- Also proudly disrupting the world of future clothing, we have seen the past and it works!
All of our outerwear items have been designed to have a feature hem line by positioning our drop shoulder points one higher than the other. This creates a cool line of bias, with the garment drop varying from one side to the other. But there is more, you can literally wear this coat one way, then do a 180 flip and they you have switched your collar to become a feature hemline. Depending on the collar type you selected the overall length of the coat varies, its our amazing zero waste design principals at work here! To explain the correlation here’s the maths for this Limited Edition item;
Available with Standard Collar Option Only
Wear Way 1 - Longest drop from shoulder to hem line – 37.5”
Wear Way 1 - Shortest drop from shoulder to hem line – 32.5”
Wear Way 2 - Longest drop from shoulder to hem line – 27.5”
Wear Way 2 - Shortest drop from shoulder to hem line – 19”
• Bust – this coat will fit up to a bust of 48"with a tapered opening, with a smaller bust this opening will reduce at the cross-over
• Shoulder to Shoulder – this coat will fit up to a shoulder to shoulder size of 20"
• Collar Type – the standard collar is 10” in height, basically its like a huge scarf funnel attached to your coat.
• Arm Size – we have allowed for a 4/5” ease on our straight arm sizes, this coat sleeve will fit up to a 18" bicep. The length of the straight arm is 15”, this is from sleeve top to cuff
• Item Finishing – Each Coat has a branded real leather label carrying the mark of the rebelmaker, Prickly Thistle
• Fabric Design - Black Elements, a new limited edition design interpretation of our Elements tartan. We have gone back to black, and grey.... mirroring the 4 shades used in each element tartan we have created this edgy and very rebellious black beauty!
• Weave Design - woven to our unique and in-house created technical shadow twill. Creating an eye catching ribbed affect, our shadow weave adds rebellious body!
• Fabric Repeat – all fabric has been cut by hand from the cloth roll woven at our mill, therefore aspects of the repeat will be unique to each item, which is pretty cool as it makes them all unique!
• Colour Options - Black and dark grey hues
• Fabric Weight Options - Lightweight to wear with a densely woven thread count. This is a truly fine merino wool wonder!
See Clare, the founder of Prickly Thistle, share more about the collections, how you can build your very own garment, what the design features are and why making clothing on a made to measure basis is making a better future for us all (and looking very rebel bad-ass!)
Check out some rebel one off looks with the team at Prickly Thistle.
Real womxn wearing real clothes in a real fun way!
- 1st & ONLY B Corp Mill in Scotland
- Planet Loving Natural Fibres
- Zero Waste For Life Design
- Worldwide Shipping